Here are ten ways to make a dent in Johnny’s (or Janie’s) video game time–even during COVID-19!
Watch out–you may notice a little bit of yourself among them.
10. Smash his Xbox; take a picture for your fridge.
9. Set play-time limits on his Nintendo Switch. When time expires, prepare him for bachelorhood by teaching him how to vacuum.
8. Demand he stop playing Roblox, wielding your vast positional authority as his parent.
7. Coax him to read Great Expectations, employing only your potent personal power.
6. Beg him to stop in the whiniest voice you can muster—that voice you once used on your parents.
5. Trick him into stopping (your favorite sourdough bread is on the table with dinner!) then hide his controller.
4. Insist your spouse make him stop.
3. Offer him more time with video games later (when you need him occupied) if he stops now (when you are aggravated).
2. Prod him toward creative, productive or service projects using your vast free time.
1. Leave him alone, with all video games and technology turned off, and witness his inspiringly creative self-management;
take a picture for your fridge.
For a little more serious help, select from the categories list at right.
Photo by Philip Wels via Compfight